I really appreciate good quotes, especially when they speak truths of travel. Through a few clever lines, they have the ability to inspire, empower, and motivate.
In order to get my runaway spirit soaring for my next runaway adventure, I decided to put together a list of my all time favorite travel quotes.
1) “There is nothing more liberating, both financially and spiritually, than laying your head down on a beach, a bench or concrete slab for the night.” -The Runaway Guide
2) “To awaken quite alone in a strange town is one of the pleasantest sensations in the world.” – Freya Stark
3)“If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading.” – Lao Tzu
4) “A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.” – Lao Tzu
5) “There is nothing safer than flying – it’s crashing that is dangerous.” –Theo Cowan
6) “How beautiful life is and how sad! How fleeting, with no past and no future, only a limitless now.”― James Clavell
7) “Travel is like life on a binge of Redbull and crack cocaine. You experience faster than you can comprehend, and you can’t stop talking to people.” –The Runaway Guide
8) “the only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars.”― Jack Kerouac
9) “Live, travel, adventure, bless, and don’t be sorry.” ― Jack Kerouac
10) “True content can only be found within your self and that can only be done if you are free from regret, guilt, and fear. And running away makes realizing this difficult if not impossible.” -The Runaway Guide
Let Me Know What You Think!
Niki @ Landhäuser Florenz says
“A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.” Very true! Awesome collection of travel quotes. I love all of them, it is like inspiration for us. Thanks for this informative post.
The Runaway Guide says
Thanks! Glad you liked it :)