Happy August From Sweden!
Today is the first day of upper 70’s F / 23-25C temperatures. The first day I can actually sit outside without a shirt. Summer has finally arrived in Sweden and it feels good!
As planned, almost all of July took place in my girlfriends quaint apartment in the small student town of Linkoping in central Sweden.
The Best Of July
1) I started drinking coffee and improving my Thai.
2) I seriously took advantage of the 18 hours of daylight and wrote a lots of chapters.
3) I jogged around 2 miles in the forest everyday and felt a significant increase in memory and overall brain power.
4) I BBQ’d deer steak and acquired a taste for it, especially the bone marrow.
5) I went to Stockholm for the weekend and saw a 98% authentic Swedish warship from the early 17th century.
The Worst Of July
1) I gained around 20 pounds!
2) I broke the lid of a toilet seat at a friend’s apartment that we were borrowing and frantically ran through the streets of Stockholm looking for the broken part.
What July Taught Me About Life
Sometimes it’s cheaper and easier to simply buy a brand new toilet seat than desperately search for an obscure part on a Sunday morning in central Stockholm.
What The Future Holds?
I can’t believe it, but the summer’s almost over! In just 1 week I’ll be on a flight to Bangkok for an epic runaway adventure.
Email me ASAP if you want to come with us! TheRunawayGuide (at) yahoo.com
If you’re interested in moving to or visiting what is arguably the most beautiful place on earth, check out my new destination blog, AtitlanLiving.com (still a work in progress but coming along)
I’ve been posting more on Instagram & Snapchat these days. You can find me at:
As always, happy travels,
GET GUIDES – FOR FREE!
Possibilities, Travel Deals & News From The Road twice a month.
Leave a Reply