It’s a tour!
Designed to make backpacking Southeast Asia:
- Stress Free
- Cheap without compromising comfort
- indescribably fun
Composed of everything you need to know and nothing you don’t:
- Find out exactly how to get from big airports to mind blowing beaches!
- Discover my favorite jungle retreats, beach bungalows, and budget hotels!
- Learn to eat and move like a travel expert, & save your budget!
Why Go To Southeast Asia?
Southeast Asia is one of the world’s best backpacking regions. Not only is each country budget backpacker cheap and easily accessible but they’re all full of wonderful people with unique cultures, cuisine, and enlightening ways of life to discover.
You will stumble upon epic beach parties and meet the Buddha in Thailand. You’ll witness a beautiful collision of cultures in Malaysia. You’ll form new conceptions of cosmopolitanism in Singapore.
Put it all together and you’ve got the backdrop for a budget friendly, palate satiating, perspective altering and immensely fun backpacking adventure. It’s one of my favorite budget backpacking regions, second only to Central America, and the reason why I’ve spent over two years here.
Having been on 5 distinct adventures all over Southeast Asia, it was difficult deciding on a single route. I wanted to offer aspiring backpackers the best of the region without compromise. I carefully considered costs of travel, the minimization of backtracking, meditation retreats, epic parties, delicious night markets and secluded beaches. Ultimately I decided on these five incredible countries; Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Cambodia and Laos and the following route.
The Runaway Guide To Southeast Asia is based on a two month time frame. Much thought has been given to the amount of time allotted for each destination. However, it’s up to you to decide how long or little you wish to spend in each spot.
If you decide to stick to the two month tour, here’s how to budget:
- 3,000$ Luxury budget (50$/day, more than enough)
- 2,000$ Comfort budget (33$/day, optimal for this tour)
- 1,400$ Ultra Budget (23$/day, possible but reduces tour activities)
- 1,000$ Extreme budget (16$/day, still possible but not recommended for this tour)
These budgets do not include transportation costs, which amount to roughly 250$ for internal flights, busses, taxis, tuk tuks and trains.
What Do You Get?
The Runaway Guide To Southeast Asia is an e-book that provides you with:
- Preparation guides
- Cheap airfare research support
- Custom maps and detailed instructions between destinations
- Awesome accommodation recommendations
- Exclusive discounts on select hotels, resorts, and hostels
- Country specific essential info
- iPhone & Android compatible pdf for viewing offline
- Unlimited support from me through Skype or by e-mail
How Much Does It Cost?
Two meals at McDonalds or 14$.
Who Is This Tour For?
It’s for anyone who believes in travel as a medium for change, enlightenment, happiness and good times.
- It’s for people who desire to travel but don’t even know where to begin.
- It’s for those that have some backpacking experience but are a bit nervous about SE Asia.
- It’s for budget conscious travelers that don’t want to compromise on comfort
- It’s for people who want to run away from something, run towards something, and do a bit of both while enjoying a beer on a beach.