1) Bangkok (Days 1-3)
Bangkok epitomizes Southeast Asia. It’s tuk tuks are fast, it’s food is sweet and spicy, fried scorpions are cheap and the whole city is as hot as a bikram yoga room. Here we’ll stay on Rambutrii road, the backpacker mecca of the city. We’ll get acclimated to the heat with the help of a rooftop pool, get over our jet lag through spicy plates of pad thai, and explore both Bangkok’s tourist lanes and off beat back streets.
2) Koh Pha Ngan –Haad Mae/Challoklum (Days 4-8)
Haad Mae beach is that beach of dreams. It’s ideal for snorkeling, sunbathing, getting a traditional tattoo from an incredible Thai artist in a bungalow and watching sunsets and sunrises from a surreal sandbar. This place is all about taking it easy from hammocks strung up between beachside bungalows.
3) Koh Pha Ngan – Haad Rin (Days 9-10)
Haad Rin beach is home to the original full moon party, and from the back of a pickup truck with coconut ice-cream in hand we’ll arrive just in time! Get ready for fire spitting, whiskey buckets, and dancing well after the moon sets. And when the sun rises and death from hangover seems imminent, we’ll quickly hop a boat to ‘The Sanctuary,’ a secluded retreat with a detox and meditation program.
4) Railay (Days 11-12)
Thailand’s west coast is all about brilliant blue waters and dramatic white limestone cliffs. And there’s no better place to enjoy this than the secluded cove of Railay. Here our journey concludes with an epic hike to the secret lagoon surrounded by hundred foot high cliffs. We’ll also take a few day trip picnics to secluded beaches at some of the off beat islands just of the coast.
For A Short Preview Of The Tour
About The Tour & Your Guide
In the beginning I was an absolute hobo. I traveled by any means; dumpster diving, street hotels, train jumping and border hopping. I needed to travel and wasn’t going to let a lack of money stop me.
Today things are different. I’m on my way up. I’m traveling the way I always wanted to. I’m living a life of my choosing.
I started Runaway Tours to share my favorite places and experiences. Each tour represents the culmination of all my travel experience over the past 10 years. They’re designed to minimize costs while maximizing comfort and adventure. They’re about gaining new perspectives, discovering new life paths, forming relationships with likeminded travelers and taking time to soak it all in.
Like all Runaway Tours, this tour of Thailand is all about good times, adventures, comfort on a budget, an off the trail experience, and hanging out and traveling with a small group of like minded friends to be.
- All accommodation costs: Beachside bungalows, Mountainside bungalows, guesthouse rooms & classy bungalows
- All transportation costs: VIP Mini Busses, long-tail boats, Pickup Trucks
- Multiple meals: 1 Dinners, 2 Lunches, 2 Breakfasts
- Adventures & entrance fees: Booze cruise, temple fees, elephant feeding, pingpong show(optional), bug dinner (optional)
- Extras: A few surprises you definitely won’t find on any other tour ;)
- Preparation Guides & Support: Cheap airfare research support, preparatory guides & optional Skype sessions.
What’s Not Included?
- Airfare: you are responsible for purchasing your own ticket. However, I will do my best to find you the cheapest ticket possible.
- Optional adventures: Skooter island tour, firing range,
- Meals: none aside from those mentioned above
Our Aug 15th, 2016 Group
Leif (The Runaway Guide)
New York – 27
Hey everyone, I’m Leif aka The Runaway Guide, and your guide on Thailand Island Hopper! Really excited to share my favorite hostels, hotels, restaurants, temples, beaches and bug stalls with you. Although I’ll often be preoccupied arranging our adventures, I’ll also be partying, learning and loving with all of you. That’s what’s up!
Steve ( Booze Cruise Guide)
New York – 32