I’m an optimist. I hardly ever think of buying travel insurance before an adventure. It’s expensive and chances are I won’t even need it. I would much rather invest in new travel gear than drop a few hundred dollars on insurance.
But then I look back. Back to those times when some insurance could have saved me a great deal of pain and suffering.
Like that one time I got gangrene in Israel and suffered countless nights of severe hallucinogenic fevers.
Or that other time I nearly died of malnourishment and blood loss from hemorrhoid inducing diarrhea (forgive the description).
My point is, even if you think of yourself as a resilient and healthy person, with travel often comes unforeseen illness, broken phones, and stolen bags. So, no matter how tough or confident you are, it’s never a bad idea to invest in a little insurance.
My Travel Insurance
World Nomads is my favorite travel insurance for one main reason. Every time I need to make a claim, they pay out fast and painlessly. Not only that but it’s designed for budget backpackers, which means it’s affordable and covers just about everything travel related. But be sure to read the fine print carefully to make sure you know exactly how much you’re covered for.
When my backpacker was stolen in Italy, World Nomads reimbursed me (over 500$) for the value of the pack and it’s contents quickly and without hassle. It was the first time I had ever bought travel insurance and I was glad I had. Protect yourself and your things, get yourself some travel insurance. You never know.
7 Things You Should Know About World Nomads by World Nomads
- Trusted reliable underwritersWorldNomads.com is backed by a suite of strong, secure, specialist travel insurers who provide you with great cover, 24 hour emergency assistance and the highest levels of support and claims management when you need it most.
- Value for money with the cover you needWorldNomads.com provides cover for what’s important for travellers from over 150 countries. By focussing on what you need and leaving out what you don’t, World Nomads prices are some of the most competitive online.
- Flexibility when you need it mostHad a change of plans? You can extend your policy or claim online while you are still away. You can even buy a World Nomads policy if you’re already travelling.
- Cover for a range of adventure activitiesFrom skiing & snowboarding in New Zealand to whitewater rafting in Colorado, WorldNomads.com covers a range of adventure activities, giving you peace of mind to get the most from your travels.
- World Nomads keeps you travelling safelyAll WorldNomads.com members have access to up-to-date travel safety alerts, as well as travel safety advice and tips online through the World Nomads Travel Safety Hub.
- More than just great value travel insuranceAll WorldNomads.com members can learn the local lingo through a series of iPod & iPhone Language Guides and can stay in touch with family and friends with an online travel journal.
- Commitment to exceptional customer serviceWe want to make sure you get the most from WorldNomads.com. You can find out more about why travel insurance is important for your trip. If you have any questions about your travel insurance or travel safety in general, please contact WorldNomads.com directly.